Monday, March 31, 2008

Organization

BEFORE

It always feels good to organize a little corner of the house. M's room has been a disaster lately with books piled high in every corner. She has taken a leap in her reading and has really started reading independently for longer periods of time so she will go into her room and the books are EVERYWHERE. Of course, we have sooooo many books in our house and not nearly enough shelves to hold them. So I proposed a plan to my lovely husband and he was able to create a fabulous system in one weekend (and without a trip to Home Depot!). It looks so much nicer and hopefully will contain the disaster for at least a bit. M had alot of fun helping me organize the books. We started by type but then she went a bit overboard trying to get all the same sizes together, ordering her Magic Tree House books by number........ and it got a bit out of hand.
AFTER

Now my mind is turning on the plans for N's closet and all the fabulous things we could do in there. I am even thinking we could rearrange things to move the playkitchen into the closet once other things are organized to free up room in the playroom.

The downside is that M's room got all of my focus this weekend and the rest of the house is proof. So now I need to find that motivation again to work on other things. I find it so much easier to do a new project like this closet organizing but just can't get the same enthusiasm for the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms......... Hmmmm think I will go create a new project!!!!!

1 comment:

katy said...

dusting?!?! not even in my vocab!

the closet looks great~organization always feels so good.