Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bye Bye Crib


After 6 years, 1 month and 4 days it was time to say good-bye to our crib. I have been putting it off as long as possible by having Nora sleep in it with the front railing off as a toddler bed but I guess it was time. We had a garage sale today and I am sure (or at least I hope) it went to a good home where it will be well used. I wasn't quite prepared for the rush of emotion as I watched it get loaded onto the truck. I think back to all the wonderful times watching my babies sleep and all the frustrating times trying to get them to sleep. I wish I could go back in time to cherish those moments more instead of trying to rush through them in a constant panic. As they get older and life gets busier and more complicated I realize how wonderful and simple those times were and I miss them. But no sense dwelling in what is gone. Time to look forward to all the new adventures in our life. Madison soon will be a first grader and Nora will begin the pre-school experience. And it is looking like I will be going back to the working world. Well, just 10 hours a week, but all these things together will be a new step for our family as we continue to grow and change. I am hoping I can stop to enjoy the simple moments we have these final 6 weeks of summer before all the craziness begins.

5 comments:

katy said...

it truly does go so fast.

Kimberly said...

I can't imagine how difficult that must have been to give up your cherished crib. It was difficult enough for me to change our daughter's crib to a toddler bed. I can't imagine how hard it's going to be when she's in a big bed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that definitely would be hard. In one way I want to freeze time and keep my babies small and in another I am excited about the future and learning more about the little people they are becoming. Sweet post.

Anonymous said...

It's amzaing how fast they grow isn't it? My oldest is going to be 9 tomorrow...crazy!

Andria said...

Aw! I'm afraid of garage sales, just because I'd start to question the things I had just given away for a bargain price! The memories are priceless, aren't they?

You have a great attitude though in the new changes that are about to occur.

Best of luck!