Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Toy Review - Snap Circuit



Madison got this for her birthday and it is a WONDERFUL gift! Click on the photo to link to Amazon for a full description since mine won't do it justice. It allows your child to become their own electrical engineer. All the pieces snap onto the basic circuit board. I was pretty skeptical about how easy this would be as we have had other toys that are to snap together and it is very tricky for the girls to master. But this is completely doable for my 6 year old daughter and even my 3 year old can do it a bit. There are LOTS of pieces to this and it is vital you don't lose any but they all come arranged on a very nice tray with special slots for each piece so you can quickly see if something is missing. There are switches, lights, sensors, alarms, speakers and MORE to make all sorts of electronic creations like musical doorbell, police siren, water alarm and many more!!! The book gives 100 different things to make and a color coded picture (the pieces are also color coded) to show you how to build it. Some my daughter can do independently and a few she needs a little assistance. This is a huge Daddy Hit too! He enjoys building the items with her. This is a big hit in the house for both parents and kids! I will definitely be giving it for gifts in the future. The kit I have featured is the jr. kit and would be great for 5-7 year olds. There are some more advanced kits that give more pieces and you can add to your set as you go.

3 comments:

LivingLifeBackwards said...

I've never seen such a thing! My 9 y/o would love something like this!

Andria said...

I think my husband would have more fun. There might be custody fights in our house! LOL. Thanks for the review!

(my husband is an engineer...and gadget geek!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my eight year old would love this, and she's got a birthday coming up...