Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Staff Appreciation - Halloween Style


I am in charge of Staff Appreciation for our PTA this year. This was a committe I was eager to head up. Being a former teacher, I know how much teachers appreciate these little things through the year to help give them a boost. It is a fun PTA job that doesn't require fundraising or the mundane tasks that some PTA jobs require (I am also the secretary so I get to do some of that stuff too!).

I have created a monthly "craft and chat" time for PTA members to come over to my house to make up little treats for the teachers. It is a fun chance for moms to get together and do some fun crafting. In September we did some water bottle decorations but I forgot to take photos. For October we did 60 of these treat bags.
Tonight I carved out a couple of sugar pumpkins and planted some mums in them to help decorate the tables. How cute are these?


Now working on finding the next craft idea. Open to any suggestions or links!

1 comment:

rachel said...

I love the pumpkins with the mums inside...what a great idea.