Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Relaxing

Just sharing a few photos from our Memorial Day weekend. We went outside of Leavenworth where our friends have a yert. We were able to park the camper into their very sloped drive-way (getting out was a bit more of a challenge but the mini-van came through, though it was in doubt for awhile). It was just a very low-key weekend spending time on the beach with good friends and peace and quiet. Well, except for our own kids, but it is nice to get away from the campground crowds, especially on holiday weekends.
The hammock was a big hit for all ages.
Lots more fun was had with a huge bon fire, smores, time at the lake and more. But I decided to step away from the camera for most of the weekend and just enjoy family and friends. I have found that is one positive to my Project 365. Instead of feeling like I need to document every little thing we do, I get a few good pictures for the day and than feel okay putting the camera away. And I just reminded myself that I all ready have scrapbooked layouts of us doing smores at the yert and other adventures there so I don't have to do it every time! As much as I love all our pictures, I think I sometimes am behind the camera too much and need to be more involved in the moment!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the Leavenworth area! It looks like a nice relaxing time.