Thursday, October 21, 2010

Letters Home #3

Nora - I am so excited to see the stars you learned how to make!
Madison - Daddy has a chart of fish in the ocean and he has circled all the ones he saw. We will try to bring it home to show you.
Katy - thanks for the recommendations. I didn't see your comment before we did the NePali hike but I am assuming it was the same one. I will have to try your suggestion for the next shaved ice I have, it seems to be becoming a daily treat!!

Today was a day for a BIG hike on the Nepali coast. We started with a climb up a cliff with the ocean right below. We could see and hear huge waves crashing on the rocks. There was some amazing views at the top.



Then we went down the other side to a beautiful beach.

Next up was hiking through a jungle with lots of bamboo groves.
The hike ended at an amazing HUGE waterfall. It was tough to get a good picture of the full waterfall but we will get a postcard to show it to you. I even got brave and swam in the pool under the waterfall and stood right under the water coming down. I have always wanted to do that. The water was VERY cold but it was lots of fun.


We then had the 4 miles to hike back out with all the great views again. It was a pretty tough hike with lots of rocks to navigate and even streams to cross. It was a great day with perfect weather and lots of beautiful scenery. We are feeling pretty tired now but so glad we did it. More adventures are planned for tomorrow.

Love you bunches,

Mom and Dad

2 comments:

katy said...

We did that exact hike and swam in the same waterfall. In fact we even have the same pictures. If I had my albums here I'd scan them and show you! Did you pass through guava trees? I remember all the squished fruit on the trail. Smelled amazing. Thanks for the memory. So glad you are having a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

dear mom and dad,
I'm glad you got brave mom.;)I'm glad I can see all the fish you saw dad.And I'm glad that I can see the pics.I felt like I was there!
Love,
Maddy